762a7bc0ffa11859fe6fb0f7e418a798.jpg

There ya go

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This type of thing has been "business as usual" in Chicago for, well, forever. The sad part is the same people just keep electing the same type of people over and over and over. The IL gas tax was doubled this week. Chicago implemented another $1 a pack on cigarettes. Chicago also "reassessed" a lot of home properties. Many are seeing tax jumps of between 35%-55%, some higher, in one fell swoop. These are some of the reasons why IL is the state with the most people leaving for 4 years running now. Chicago is quickly following in the footsteps of Detroit. My lady and I cannot get out of here fast enough. Now, just to find a job elsewhere!
Heather and I where just talking about this. I read where a family is considering selling their home that has been in the family since 1890. The reason the $12,000 property tax went up to $22,000. The sad part is most of IL property tax is going to fund state pensions.
19¢ gas tax is trying to fill the gap of mismanagement of road funds because the state has been using the fuel tax to fund other things.
1$ cigarette tax increase and raised the age to buy smokes to 21. Sickening.

Its hard to sell a house when we have a deficient in migration.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm working on a little discipline plan for hippie kid today. We had a mouth issue yesterday. Ever had that beyond furious moment?
All kids go to there room before they die. Alexia got in trouble running her mouth. I told her to quiet and she said what difference does it make I'm already in trouble. She found out there is trouble and there is a whole different level.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All kids go to there room before they die. Alexia got in trouble running her mouth. I told her to quiet and she said what difference does it make I'm already in trouble. She found out there is trouble and there is a whole different level.
That's why I needed to wait before punishment...

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get to high ground, we got 25" back in the 1000 year flood. Wasn't pretty and we're 260 some feet above sea level... low areas were under a foot or two, and roads completely washed out in other areas.

Eastern North Carolina almost washed out to sea when Florence came thru last year.

Stay high and dry @Fin.
an hour and a half south of me they've had 100 year flood 8 of the past 10 years....

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heather and I where just talking about this. I read where a family is considering selling their home that has been in the family since 1890. The reason the $12,000 property tax went up to $22,000. The sad part is most of IL property tax is going to fund state pensions.
19¢ gas tax is trying to fill the gap of mismanagement of road funds because the state has been using the fuel tax to fund other things.
1$ cigarette tax increase and raised the age to buy smokes to 21. Sickening.

Its hard to sell a house when we have a deficient in migration.

Pensions have broken the system and state. Every day the deficit and debt grows. It literally is growing by the day.

Just a matter of time before a real drop in property values is seen. I suspect we will start seeing drops at the end of this quarter. They are going to be major in the northern and northwestern part of Chicago.

Not only is it a deficiency in migration, many of the people leaving are taking their jobs with them as remotely/home based jobs are becoming more prevalent. These jobs are higher income jobs which, in turn, provide more tax money to the state and municipalities. They are not being replaced or, if replaced, are replaced by much lesser paying jobs. This is creating an even bigger loss in money for the state. Not much coverage on these facts.

If you're planning a move, you may want to speed things up.

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my. Post a pic like that details are a must. Come on give them up

Well that's a Hampton Beach mug filled with New England Coffee French Vanilla... That's what you're talking about right? Haha

That's my 240 gallon. It was a reef, but after realizing that I needed to get better equipment, I traded my corals for fish. It'll stay a fowlr when I do my next build where I'll be getting a 700 gallon reef tank. Both will be in wall builds with a rear fish room. Wicked excited but it's not going to happen for a year (maybe a little more)!! Killing me!!

I have a build thread going, any suggestions in it will be greatly appreciated!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that's a Hampton Beach mug filled with New England Coffee French Vanilla... That's what you're talking about right? Haha

That's my 240 gallon. It was a reef, but after realizing that I needed to get better equipment, I traded my corals for fish. It'll stay a fowlr when I do my next build where I'll be getting a 700 gallon reef tank. Both will be in wall builds with a rear fish room. Wicked excited but it's not going to happen for a year (maybe a little more)!! Killing me!!

I have a build thread going, any suggestions in it will be greatly appreciated!

I've been following your thread for your new tank, Jeff. Now that I know it's going to be over a year before it really starts, I'm going to stop following. Thanks for the heads-up! Lol

It's going to be a wicked pissah! (Appealing to your eastern seaboard side!)

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been following your thread for your new tank, Jeff. Now that I know it's going to be over a year before it really starts, I'm going to stop following. Thanks for the heads-up! Lol

It's going to be a wicked pissah! (Appealing to your eastern seaboard side!)

See you in a year! If my contractor wasn't so busy it would be sooner. [emoji106]

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's ok Murica. My is way behind schedule also.

It does say I'll be getting it in 2020 in the first sentence of the build thread lol. I mainly started it early so I could get suggestions and reviews before I spend the ridiculous amount of money that this hobby costs.

Although, seeing this build thread and others wants me to get this thing going sooner rather than later, maybe I'll just harass the builder so he gets going with the addition sooner lol.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pensions have broken the system and state. Every day the deficit and debt grows. It literally is growing by the day.

Just a matter of time before a real drop in property values is seen. I suspect we will start seeing drops at the end of this quarter. They are going to be major in the northern and northwestern part of Chicago.

Not only is it a deficiency in migration, many of the people leaving are taking their jobs with them as remotely/home based jobs are becoming more prevalent. These jobs are higher income jobs which, in turn, provide more tax money to the state and municipalities. They are not being replaced or, if replaced, are replaced by much lesser paying jobs. This is creating an even bigger loss in money for the state. Not much coverage on these facts.

If you're planning a move, you may want to speed things up.
Agree on all fronts. You are right on all fronts. Even though property values will decrease property taxes won't. I see that here in Macon county. Up until now the property taxes where the highest in the state with some of the lowest home values. This state is worse than Cali. Sad so sad.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does say I'll be getting it in 2020 in the first sentence of the build thread lol. I mainly started it early so I could get suggestions and reviews before I spend the ridiculous amount of money that this hobby costs.

Although, seeing this build thread and others wants me to get this thing going sooner rather than later, maybe I'll just harass the builder so he gets going with the addition sooner lol.
Yes harass that builder. We want to see you get that 700 g tank up and going

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes harass that builder. We want to see you get that 700 g tank up and going

Do you mean we should harass Jeff? After all, he is the builder of the 700g tank!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 45 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.5%
Back