Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will love them. If you can get a male and female they will breed in the tank. The offspring will have their own color that may not resemble the parents.

Not to mention the knowledge here. Between all the fun some serious reefing is taking place.

Not all branching cyphastreas (spelling) are light like everyone loves!? ;)
... light one nearly doing "my first polyp", the purple one was like that two hours after going in, in a week now! :)

DSC_0587 (1024x670).jpg DSC_0589 (1024x703).jpg

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I refuse to comment on politics anymore considering the ACA saved my life twice!!! I'm not on welfare and benefit greatly from it still to this day, I love living, being with my daughters and family, I'd like to keep doing so in the future!!...Both sides lie about the other side being the devil or anti american based on differing beliefs.
what the heck happened to our great nation? We should be able to agree to disagree and then meet in the middle and go on with all our lives but unfortunately recently it's been hyper-partisan and both sides are to blame! BTW the republicans refuse to allow the federal government to negotiate drug prices with the pharma companies, thus why prices stay high.
We need legislation for the people not the corporations. Sorry not trashing republicans there are many things democrats do I don't approve of just trying to stay on original health care topic.

I love you all, you're all my people; black, brown, yellow, green, purple, white, polka dot, republican, democrat, independent, atheist, jewish, christian, hindu, muslim, I don't care you're all my people.

Rant over.

Last edited:

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Careful talk like that here can get you banned ;Blackeye .
In all honesty how much money has the American Health Care Act saved any person not on welfare? Most plans have shot up several hundred percent and the deductible has taken off like a moon shot! All a conspiracy to move us to a one system government run health care with quotas on services....I guess we will all have to watch breathlessly to find out. New slogan for health care "What's in your wallet..... nothing!". President Obama seems to be very quite these days about like you doctor and plan you can keep them promise....oops. Count on this comment to be stricken from the site in 3-2-1-. Honestly we all deserve better than politicians that vote for a bill before reading it ala Pelosi. What happened to the concept of the common good in rule making?
Not to mention, congress added a clause exempting themselves from it before passing. Government ran by the people... more like people ran by the government. This country is standing on its head.

Ok, who got new fish or corals this weekend? I have some coming in tomorrow!

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I refuse to comment on politics anymore considering the ACA saved my life twice!!! I'm not on welfare and benefit greatly from it still to this day, I love living, being with my daughters and family, I'd like to keep doing so in the future!!...Both sides lie about the other side being the devil or anti american based on differing beliefs.
what the heck happened to our great nation? We should be able to agree to disagree and then meet in the middle and go on with all our lives but unfortunately recently it's been hyper-partisan and both sides are to blame! BTW the republicans refuse to allow the federal government to negotiate drug prices with the pharma companies, thus why prices stay high.
We need legislation for the people not the corporations.

I love you all, you're all my people; black, brown, yellow, green, purple, white, polka dot, republican, democrat, independent, jewish, christian, hindu, muslim, I don't care you're all my people.

Rant over.
I am truly glad things have worked out so well for you and wish you well. Saved my sister in law as well.

That said the promise of affordable health care is out of reach for the majority of lower middle income America. The largest demographic is struggling to survive. Health care costs are driven but the distance from the provider to the recipient by all the extra layers of management in between because each level has to justify it's existence and take its cut to survive. Health care was better and cheaper when the doctor and the patient made the decisions without outside "control".

This is not a one party against another party discussion but better policy is provided when both parties work for the "common good" ... we need more centrists not fringe partisans. Rant over.

Last edited:

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to the dr for testing, and was told I have carpal tunnel because my left hand and arm were going numb and not working as they should. I was told to go back to work, I refused. Later same day I had an MRI and they found I had a disc in my neck that was slipped and pinching my spinal cord shut. Basically everything from my neck down was starting to shut down starting with left side of my body, DR said eventually even my lungs and possibly heart will shut down.
I was rushed to a hospital in Minneapolis MN 75 minutes away for emergency cervical spinal fusion.
I'm lucky to be here and love to tell my story. Yeah I didn't make a full recovery and life isn't what it was but I'm still here fightin, livin my best life!!
Oh btw I still have all the same drs.

IMAG0575.jpg IMAG0576.jpg

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to the dr for testing, and was told I have carpal tunnel because my left hand and arm were going numb and not working as they should. I was told to go back to work, I refused. Later same day I had an MRI and they found I had a disc in my neck that was slipped and pinching my spinal cord shut. Basically everything from my neck down was starting to shut down starting with left side of my body, DR said eventually even my lungs and possibly heart will shut down.
I was rushed to a hospital in Minneapolis MN 75 minutes away for emergency cervical spinal fusion.
I'm lucky to be here and love to tell my story. Yeah I didn't make a full recovery and life isn't what it was but I'm still here fightin, livin my best life!!
Oh btw I still have all the same drs.

IMAG0575.jpg IMAG0576.jpg
Glad you made it, nothing like been alive. Thank you for sharing.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not all branching cyphastreas (spelling) are light like everyone loves!? ;)
... light one nearly doing "my first polyp", the purple one was like that two hours after going in, in a week now! :)

DSC_0587 (1024x670).jpg DSC_0589 (1024x703).jpg
This has been on my list of things to add once stable. I have some regular cyphastrea in now and it seems to be doing ok, so maybe it's time. They dont like a ton of light, correct? Bottom of the tank?

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you made it, nothing like been alive. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you, that's just the cliff's notes.
I've had 5 spine surgeries in 6 years, 2019 being the first year without one.
I feel like I'm finally progressing towards getting employed again, currently going through orientation; starting vocational rehabilitation through a state program.

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, that's just the cliff's notes.
I've had 5 spine surgeries in 6 years, 2019 being the first year without one.
I feel like I'm finally progressing towards getting employed again, currently going through orientation; starting vocational rehabilitation through a state program.
Wishing you all the best, and hope you make a full recovery soon.

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep... no sign of her. 2 and a half weeks now... she didn't make it.
Sorry to hear that.
I've read of fish hiding for weeks in/under rockwork and sand but that's an unusual amount of time for a wrasse to be gone that long.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that.
I've read of fish hiding for weeks in/under rockwork and sand but that's an unusual amount of time for a wrasse to be gone that long.
Hopefully she does appear soon, but I don't have high hopes.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying out some home made pupper food. I've known dry food isn't very nutritious (how does it last so long without going bad) and canned food is just ridiculously expensive, and not much better than dry. Today's preparations are shredded boiled chicken breast, mixed steamed veggies(carrots, broccoli, brussels, kale) and brown rice. We'll see how they like it tonight... I doubt I'll have any complaints tho.

20190819_142420.jpg
20190819_142428.jpg
20190819_141117.jpg
20190819_143140.jpg
20190819_143253.jpg

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will love them. If you can get a male and female they will breed in the tank. The offspring will have their own color that may not resemble the parent.

Not to mention the knowledge here. Between all the fun some serious reefing is taking place.

I'm not sure if wiping dust off an empty tank counts as serious reef keeping :p Kidding, theres plenty of serious reef keeping going on at the same time as light fun conversation. Best of both worlds if you ask me. After that fiasco a couple months back I wasn't sure if I was going to continue being a member here and some days it's still at the back of my mind. But the Members in this thread and all the fun conversations we have has really kept me here and reminded me of the lighter side of R2R and what R2R should be. I'm glad I can be a part of all the fun and I promise one day my tank will be wet and full of life like the rest of yours.:)

As to the healthcare, I can't really speak on it as I have no real idea how the US system works or doesn't work by the sounds of things. I know here in Canada things aren't perfect either but for what we actually pay for healthcare in taxes I think our system is about as good as it can get.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back