Me ,my mother, wife and kids
Beautiful family, Fadi!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to the dr for testing, and was told I have carpal tunnel because my left hand and arm were going numb and not working as they should. I was told to go back to work, I refused. Later same day I had an MRI and they found I had a disc in my neck that was slipped and pinching my spinal cord shut. Basically everything from my neck down was starting to shut down starting with left side of my body, DR said eventually even my lungs and possibly heart will shut down.
I was rushed to a hospital in Minneapolis MN 75 minutes away for emergency cervical spinal fusion.
I'm lucky to be here and love to tell my story. Yeah I didn't make a full recovery and life isn't what it was but I'm still here fightin, livin my best life!!
Oh btw I still have all the same drs.

IMAG0575.jpg IMAG0576.jpg
I had the exact same surgery, only once though, almost 20 years ago. Cervical disc fusion. It was my left side also that was losing feeling. Constant pins and needles to the point I could not longer do my job. Doctor said if I lifted a half gallon of milk I could be paralyzed for the rest of my life. You can still see the scar, but the doctor did a great job cutting along the natural crease in my neck.
8BAB170A-A229-4185-83E9-2B8CFC2B0DFA.jpeg

EDIT: the surgeon’s wife was okay.

Last edited:

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear your story and glad your ok.
It's definitely scary to hear that from your dr.
Absolutely. Interesting story, my original surgery was scheduled for 09/11/01 at 9am. We all know what happened that day. My neurosurgeon came up to me before the surgery visibly trembling. He could not contact his wife who worked in one of the WTC towers. He told me he could not operate. The hospital itself, right after, cancelled all surgeries that day after they were assigned as emergency overflow for the disaster. Unfortunately, they never got any patients.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, here it is... I got 4 meals for 2 dogs out of one chicken breast, a handful of veggies and a cup of brown rice. I put enough for one meal in the fridge for tonight, and froze the rest for this week. I'll scale up production now that I know its feasible, and pretty inexpensive. I'll play around with recipies also, I bought some ground Turkey and sweet potatoes last night to experiment with.

20190819_152211.jpg

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely. Interesting story, my original surgery was scheduled for 09/11/01 at 9am. We all know what happened that day. My neurosurgeon came up to me before the surgery visibly trembling. He could not contact his wife who worked in one of the WTC towers. He told me he could not operate. The hospital itself, right after, cancelled all surgeries that day after they were assigned as emergency overflow for the disaster. Unfortunately, they never got any patients.
I remember that day vividly.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, here it is... I got 4 meals for 2 dogs out of one chicken breast, a handful of veggies and a cup of brown rice. I put enough for one meal in the fridge for tonight, and froze the rest for this week. I'll scale up production now that I know its feasible, and pretty inexpensive. I'll play around with recipies also, I bought some ground Turkey and sweet potatoes last night to experiment with.

20190819_152211.jpg

My pups love sweet potatoes so I don't see there being an issue there, although my dogs are garbage disposals and will eat just about anything.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fin any updates?
Having an ultrasound done this afternoon. May be looking at having his spleen removed, depending on the test results. His blood work is good. They sent him home at lunch time. Now on his way to the ultrasound. Hope he has a better night than he had last night. Fingers crossed.

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having an ultrasound done this afternoon. May be looking at having his spleen removed, depending on the test results. His blood work is good. They sent him home at lunch time. Now on his way to the ultrasound. Hope he has a better night than he had last night. Fingers crossed.
Crossing mine too.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pups love sweet potatoes so I don't see there being an issue there, although my dogs are garbage disposals and will eat just about anything.
Argyle is my scottie, and he is a garbage disposal and will eat anything I put in front of him. Even stuff I dont put in front of him like my dry fish food I forget is in his reach. I've found very few things(all dog safe) that he won't eat.

Daisy is a bit more picky, but won't let Argyle get more than she does so is eating better. Also being a rescue she had a hard first part of her life. She has a permanent scar on her neck from an embedded rope/collar and her front teeth are filed down from flea biting and heartworm positive. Her fur was super matted also from not being taken care of. She is flea free, has a properly fitting collar and is on heartworm medication to take care of that issue. She also gets brushed regularly now to de-shed her coat and keet it from getting matted.

She's a chow mixed with we think golden retriever, purple spotted tongue, double coat, tail curled up over back... but she has a longer snout that a chow, slender build, about 20" tall and 40lbs.(Argyle is only 12" at the shoulder, but he's almost 30lbs of tank. Pure muscle and thick bones) Heinz 57 chow mutt. Shes a super sweet dog tho and even tho we can tell she was neglected and maybe abused, she has the greatest disposition.

The food is partially for her also, being as she basically has no incisors, and her bottom canines are broken as well. Something easier to eat than dog pellets I'm sure would be appreciated.

20190819_154526.jpg
20190819_154507.jpg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was working the front gate at Scott afb that morning.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back