Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mornin yall
I started dosing microbacter 7 yesterday.
I also dosed soda ash to get my Alk up.
I was at 7.2 and now it's at 8.2dKh
I'll probably dose soda ash again today to get to 9.0dKh

Microbacter is a great product!

I usually don't use "Bio in a bottle" products by did it on a hunch it would help out with an issue I was having. It worked perfectly.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Microbacter is a great product!

I usually don't use "Bio in a bottle" products by did it on a hunch it would help out with an issue I was having. It worked perfectly.
Love to hear that, I've been reading of success with microbacter 7.
Even had someone tell me they'll always use it as long as he's reefing.
Right now I'm doing the new start up tank dosage..about 10ml/day for 2 weeks.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That toadstool is soooo pretty.

Thanks, I love it, they are the only 3 corals to survive the overnight pump being off incident. The Duncan is still struggling even with stable parameters but it's still hanging around. The Acan has actually recently turned a corner and is growing a couple new heads. The toadstool just kept on trucking after what happened with only a few angry looking days.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love to hear that, I've been reading of success with microbacter 7.
Even had someone tell me they'll always use it as long as he's reefing.
Right now I'm doing the new start up tank dosage..about 10ml/day for 2 weeks.

I tried dr. tim's ammonia with microbacter and couldn't get a decent cycle. So I went to parson's non-sudsy ammonia and microbacter and it kickstarted after that.

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I let hippie kid sleep an extra 30 minutes. His hair... Lol
Lol! I remember those days of having hair. I miss having it sometimes, but the other 99 percent of the time its so nice to just roll out of bed, brush my teeth, get dressed, and get the little one out the door to start the day. No brushing my hair and no gel to make my hands sticky for the next hour. The upside of male pattern baldness.

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried dr. tim's ammonia with microbacter and couldn't get a decent cycle. So I went to parson's non-sudsy ammonia and microbacter and it kickstarted after that.
I dont like hearing that. I am planning on trying live rock enhance to try to knock out my dinos that are on the ropes and about to get K.O'ed. I hope its not a waste of $25.

I used the same ammonia with Nite-out bacteria and it didnt seem to hasten the initial cycle.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont like hearing that. I am planning on trying live rock enhance to try to knock out my dinos that are on the ropes and about to get K.O'ed. I hope its not a waste of $25.

I used the same ammonia with Nite-out bacteria and it didnt seem to hasten the initial cycle.

I think the Dr. Tim's is just a weak solution of ammonia. It's possible you could double or even triple the dosage but I didn't want to do that. I just dug out an old school book and followed the amount listed for parson's and it worked like a charm.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, what's everyone's thoughts on doing a lending library at the store and just having folks put a deposit on the book? No fees for a two week checkout.

I have quite a few books and it seems I am always referring to them.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, what's everyone's thoughts on doing a lending library at the store and just having folks put a deposit on the book? No fees for a two week checkout.

Love that. Renting a PAR meter also, perhaps?

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Could make some room for a small reading area if someone would like to sit down and read a little bit as well :p

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could make some room for a small reading area if someone would like to sit down and read a little bit as well :p

Yep! Going to do that for sure. Plus there will be plenty of chairs in the class room.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep! Going to do that for sure. Plus there will be plenty of chairs in the class room.

Awesome, certainly something greatly overlooked but to have a reading area and if someone's asking a specific question about something you can refer them to take a quick read of a section of one of the books. Greatly improves your flexibility of helping multiple customers at once if you can direct them to do a little research on there own while you help others instead of having one customer monopolizing your time (Not that that's a horrible thing or anything) but it could make life a lot easier.

Back