Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You like model trains. I have a customer you would like. He's a serious collector. Retired from the rr

I do, enjoyed being a part of that hobby since I was 13, I've kindof slacked off on it since I hired on with the Railroad but want to get back into it with a new layout. Still have my old one in the garage but it's too big to get into the basement in our house so I can't really use it.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Google “goniopora stokesi”. I’ve just passed the 6 month mark...fingers crossed lol

Ah yes, I've heard about these. THey are typically found in murky waters with a crap ton of nutrients in Indonesia right? They also just like die out of nowhere 6 months in.

You can do it man.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah yes, I've heard about these. THey are typically found in murky waters with a crap ton of nutrients in Indonesia right? They also just like die out of nowhere 6 months in.

You can do it man.
It has made me a far better reefer. Everything in the tank can be as happy as can be and it will be mad about something that ticked it off 3 days prior. I have to keep things pristine, (without using a skimmer) and do exactly the same things every day, but I’ve managed to keep it alive and even get it to grow! I almost killed it with a salinity swing, but for the most part it seems to really love my tank.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@living_tribunal
I just grabbed me one of these.

I also got reef flux, thanks for heads up on that.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd get you a plate.
So you need the tank? Perfect, on the list!
I have the tank, light and heater all laying around. Deciding if I want a filter. May just go au natural. I am requesting no livestock. I will come up with some stuff, but probably not for a couple of days.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has made me a far better reefer. Everything in the tank can be as happy as can be and it will be mad about something that ticked it off 3 days prior. I have to keep things pristine, (without using a skimmer) and do exactly the same things every day, but I’ve managed to keep it alive and even get it to grow! I almost killed it with a salinity swing, but for the most part it seems to really love my tank.

Do you have a build thread I can follow?

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a build thread I can follow?
Click the badge “build thread contributor” under my name. I didn’t make it when i started the tank, but I’ve tried to kinda give an overview of where I began to now.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
honestly, I just really like interacting with my tank and feeling like I’m doing something. I work from home and sit beside it most of the day, and will absolutely be upgrading when the time comes! However, I keep a really difficult Goni and it needs constant feedings, the rest of the tank is just getting lucky that I made an impulse buy ;)
Pics or it's just gsp :)

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There's something about that Kentucky accent...talk to people all day for work and that one stands out the most...gotta find me a nice Kentucky gal. Such a sweet, bubbly, energetic accent; reminds me of my aunt Sandy, love and miss her and that accent!!
My husband is from there. I can make you a Kentucky boy for a few hours watching the Derby!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 36 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back