Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Kimberely

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the app, when you click in light- you will see option to parent and enter serial number, etc
The problem I'm having is that I can't connect to both at the same time. My older Prime connects via Wi-Fi but for some reason I can't connect to the new one with Wi-Fi. I can only connect to it using Bluetooth. My phone won't allow me to do both at the same time. (Turning on Bluetooth disables the Wi-Fi connection).

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown got ich pretty badly when I first got her. The next morning she was fine, I was like “uhhh...what?” By the end of the day she had ich all over her again. Next morning, she was fine. End of the day, tons of ich. That night I saw the shrimp going at her, next morning she was fine again. Took maybe 5 days of that cycle but I never treated her or anything because no qt tank. She was fine and I’ve never seen ich again.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My clown got ich pretty badly when I first got her. The next morning she was fine, I was like “uhhh...what?” By the end of the day she had ich all over her again. Next morning, she was fine. End of the day, tons of ich. That night I saw the shrimp going at her, next morning she was fine again. Took maybe 5 days of that cycle but I never treated her or anything because no qt tank. She was fine and I’ve never seen ich again.
+1 cleaner fish and shrimp are a must in my tank.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand. I'm not criticizing your qt. I just don't.
I don't either. More loss in qt that not. So I don't anymore. I think a very healthy tank with healthy corals eat a lot of the parisites. No actual proof though just my thoughts.

Kimberely

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't either. More loss in qt that not. So I don't anymore. I think a very healthy tank with healthy corals eat a lot of the parisites. No actual proof though just my thoughts.
I don't quarantine either. I just wait until the LFS has had the fish a month or more and if they still look healthy I feel better about buying it. Lol

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too many risks, in my opinion, not proactively qting. Once you read about ich, it's life cycle, how each stage works specifically, it's interactions at varying salinity gravities and temperatures, it's something you CAN reliably prevent from ever entering your tank.

While some fish can deal with the annoying stress ich creates, and have a temporary(5-6 month immunity) after being infected, your fish is still stressed from it. At minimum, I don't want my fish to have to deal with that. At most, I don't want any of them to die or have the disease ever enter my tank.

While observation is smart, there could very well be encysted tomonts waiting to fall off as soon as they enter your display.

As long as you watch your copper levels like a hawk, your fish will be fine and most likely enjoy having a full month to themselves eating a lot of food.

Kimberely

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I believe they will. Sexy are small little guys. I wouldn't trust the sixline
Thank you both! Maybe I'll just get another cleaner shrimp at some point. Little devils are expensive here though and I'm too tight to spend $40 on a single tiny shrimp. :p

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 cleaner fish and shrimp are a must in my tank.
What fish is your cleaner fish? That’s why I got the 6 line, I have such confidence in my cleaner shrimp to keep the fish healthy that I got a fish to keep my corals healthy!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.1%

Back