Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have some fish from your secret santa?? What would've happen if you couldnt handle em ? :/
The SS thread asks if you're willing to accept livestock and what you prefer or want or need also asks what's currently in your tank.
Then sent me a follow up message asking me double checking if I'm willing to receive livestock between x date and y date. That person was then smart enough to read a few of my posts or my build thread knowing not to send a shark or whale to me for Xmas...All's well that ends well ;) Merry Xmas Seb

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ran out of diy fish food. Crap.

Edit
I just remembered I have brine I got for the Leapord wrasse. Shhesh I glad I had an emergency reserve
I ALWAYS have at least 2 packs of LRS on hand. I've made my own before, but this is so much better, and has ingredients I can not source...

20191224_214829.jpg

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ALWAYS have at least 2 packs of LRS on hand. I've made my own before, but this is so much better, and has ingredients I can not source...

20191224_214829.jpg
I’m thinking about getting some LRS when my current frozen runs out. What is the difference is fish frenzy and reef frenzy?

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking about getting some LRS when my current frozen runs out. What is the difference is fish frenzy and reef frenzy?
Fish frenzy has black worms. Reef frenzy has smaller pieces and food specifically designed for corals to eat. Both have the same base ingredients tho.

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish frenzy has black worms. Reef frenzy has smaller pieces and food specifically designed for corals to eat. Both have the same base ingredients tho.
I currently have just small fish. They are all under two inches. I don’t really have corals yet, but I’ve got lots of amphipods that I like to keep well fed for my fish. Which one would you recommend?

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have just small fish. They are all under two inches. I don’t really have corals yet, but I’ve got lots of amphipods that I like to keep well fed for my fish. Which one would you recommend?
Fish or reef, tbh... they make a "nano" size, it's the exact same stuff, in a smaller pouch. I thaw mine out in a cup of tank water, then stir it with a small syringe. I don't usually have any large pieces and my royal gramma and flame tail blenny have no problem eating it. If there are larger pieces, they are easily mashed with a finger to break them up.

I use LRS food because it's great food, but the main reason is Larry DuPont is a great guy. If you haven't already and have a Facebook, add him. He's always going the extra mile for his customers (he's wholesale only and supplies brick and mortar LFS's, but still answers these phone himself for end user customers) and really takes care of his employees. Cooking breakfast and lunch himself and just generally spoiling his crew. I like to support small business owners, one as customer and employee oriented as Larry just makes it easy.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The people that live close to her still live, so those of us further away seem safe-ish. Still looking over my shoulder though until the tank ships.

Last edited:

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You Totally deserve all the best , its my pleasure to be a part of this, wish I can be near to send you some of my sps frags. or you can get them yourself if you ever visit Jordan or Saudi Arabia.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 61 33.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back