Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drilled holes and used fiberglass rods to make my magnifica tower and hammer tree. I opted not to epoxy anthing above the base so I could swap out rocks if I wanted.
IMG_20190601_164954.jpg
IMG_20190601_223728.jpg
fts_resize_76.jpg
Love it. That looks very much like the structure I plan for my Biocube. No epoxy?

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wish you guys could hear Hippie kid talking about the new tank. His stocking options just exploded! He's very hands on and has helped me measure everything and plan every detail.

Last edited:

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flexible PVC comes in 3 colors right? White, grey, and black sch40 and white and black in sch80?
In believe that is right. Remember, you can always paint it with krypton fusion. Let it cure 24 hours and all is good. Paxtins tank is all white pvc painted red and it is still holding strong.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you find any issues using sch40 pipe with sch80 fittings and elbows?

I have never mixed the two, just used all Schedule 40. However there should be no issues atall as they are designed to work with each other. The only fittings I'd potentially be concerned with would be threaded sch40 fittings to threaded sch80.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I used sch80, looks better, comes in tons of colors, no words all over it and was only an extra $25 for the entire build.
I know know I could take acetone and stroke the pipes real good to get the words off the pipe and clean it up and then paint it all but the extra $25 was worth not having to do all that myself.
Could be a fun project for those DIYers out there too though.
That being said SCH40 is still great and works just the same especially for the pretty low pressures our tanks see compared to a home/industrial shower/toilet/sink plumbing setup.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I used sch80, looks better, comes in tons of colors, no words all over it and was only an extra $25 for the entire build.
I know know I could take acetone and stroke the pipes real good to get the words off the pipe and clean it up and then paint it all but the extra $25 was worth not having to do all that myself.
Could be a fun project for those DIYers out there too though.
That being said SCH40 is still great and works just the same especially for the pretty low pressures our tanks see compared to a home/industrial shower/toilet/sink plumbing setup.

I wasn't aware rigid schedule 80 even came in multiple colours??? Pretty sure it's only Gray....

Furniture Grade PVC (All the fun colour stuff) is all schedule 40, you can even get thin walled as well (Schedule 20) but it's not available in all the crazy colours, just black and white....

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh Oh Oh BTW I would recommend one of these bad boys to everyone though.
This TOOL or this TOOL depending on budget.
I wasn't aware rigid schedule 80 even came in multiple colours??? Pretty sure it's only Gray....
You're right the color pipe is 40 oops

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back