Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Schedule 80 is for high pressure water systems and seems like a waste of money for fish tanks. Just my 2 cents. I have literally plumbed hundreds of feet of of pipe over the years and never used Schedule 80 for anything. Our pumps never produce enough pressure to warrant the extra expense. Check valves are a waste as well due to the noise and failure rates. A properly designed sump does not need a check valve....wait a minute my might need one...lol. Just kidding. Have a great day all.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pros and cons of a manifold?
Pros: looks good, feeds multiple outputs like UV or Roller filter or reactors etc.
Cons: can be finnicky to initially setup, need a little more pump pressure to feed those other accessories.
@Why-Me I'd have picked violet.
I rolled my eyes at my daughter when I ordered it for her.
BUT the violet looks really good!!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically a manifold allows more customized flow for different components? Educate me. Is this the correct line of thinking?

You're correct it also allows you to easily add and remove different filtration medias as you see fit depending on what's happening in your tank. You can also set them up to make water changes SUPER easy if you run the manifold on it's own pump.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Manifolds require a lot more pump due to the friction. This can add heat to the water due to the larger pump and heat transfer. Not against the use of manifolds but it can increase cost and sometimes require a chiller to keep things in line temp wise. FYI that is all...pros and cons.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and wait.... How do you know how much my sump is costing me??? Are you spying on me?:eek::eek: ;Watching;Watching
I'm no stalker....but your living room does look exquisite from the front yard ;) ;Hilarious

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well that's rude.

Here I thought the only person who knew roughly what the cost was was @crusso1993. Hopefully he didn't rat me out!

I'd love to know how you managed to get access to my Texts though, I'm going to have to be more careful with what I send out there from here on out...

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that's rude.

Here I thought the only person who knew roughly what the cost was was @crusso1993. Hopefully he didn't rat me out!

I'd love to know how you managed to get access to my Texts though, I'm going to have to be more careful with what I send out there from here on out...

I may be a lot of things but a RAT is not one of them. ;)

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be a lot of things but a RAT is not one of them. ;)

Well that's what I thought, however the alternative is he gained access to my text message history. Which is a pretty scary thought, Justin that poor guy probably didn't know what hit him and he will have to deal with those images for the rest of his life, hope it was worth it @Why-Me

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that's what I thought, however the alternative is he gained access to my text message history. Which is a pretty scary thought, Justin that poor guy probably didn't know what hit him and he will have to deal with those images for the rest of his life, hope it was worth it @Why-Me
I know all those pictures of Canadian snow flippers is disturbing to say the least...wait I have never seen your text messages...yeah that's the story!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back