Break in

Surfside74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reef octopus classic 202-s on my 130 gallon with a 20 gallon sump. Everything is brand new and i started cycling the tank tuesday with dr tims and ammonia. I turned on the skimmer friday and have been running it since. The skimmer is producing tons of microbubbles coming out of it and entering the sump and my display. I understand that this may be the skimmer breaking in but how long does that take before tge bubbles stop. As i said everything in the tank, including dry rock, live sand, and all piping and equipment is brand new. Thank you.

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest I would not run the skimmer during this period or just let the skimmer dump right back into the sump. The Skimmer is pulling out what you are adding to the system which is causing the overflow. Once your system has cycled we can remove by wet skimming (collecting), the use of activated carbon and water changes will get the skimmer in proper working condition.

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest I would not run the skimmer during this period or just let the skimmer dump right back into the sump. The Skimmer is pulling out what you are adding to the system which is causing the overflow. Once your system has cycled we can remove by wet skimming (collecting), the use of activated carbon and water changes will get the skimmer in proper working condition.

Back