Breakfast Bar Biocube

MrChris

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our breakfast bar biocube is up and running after a very quick cycle.
It is a 14 gallon Oceanic that I traded some stuff I got for free on Craigslist. I have a Koralia 425 to stick in it that I will do today.
Really excited to start adding some corals, but first need to address a few things.
Number one the lights suck, and the cooling fans need replaced. One is noisy and one does not work. Anyone use Steves LED's? Seems like a good affordable option.
After that I need to get or make a media basket for it.
I plan to do mostly LPS in this cube and lots of color is a must.
Anyone have any advice or opinions on anything else I am missing or may want to add?
This will be the first tank I add corals to so I don't want to botch it.
Also I noticed a piece of Aiptasia on one of my rocks. Best way to eliminate it?
LRM_EXPORT_20180521_221225.jpg
LRM_EXPORT_20180521_221114.jpg

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard overall positive things about Steve's LEDs, I would say that they are one of the better options for a retrofit kit on a biocube.

Since you don't have much in there at the moment, you could take the rock out and physically remove the aiptasia, or smother it with a good dob of epoxy stick or super glue.

That's a great looking little nano so far, following along to see where it goes :)

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree. Steves's is the only way to go!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back