• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Breaking down 187g system

Item Price
$400-$500
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
NO shipping is NOT available

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SOLD pending pick up: 187g acrylic tank (no name) 60L x 30D x 24H. 1/2" front/back panel, 3/4" sides. All seams are in good shape otherwise I wouldn't sell it to you. Will need sanding and polishing.
Matching heavy duty stand (It's a monster) painted grey with white doors and accents.
Matching canopy painted grey with white accents. Lightweight for easy removal.

AND.... I help you load it. OoOoOo
Asking $350 obo.

These funds are going toward paying for my cat's FIP treatment. The doses (GS-441524) are extremely expensive and come from Eastern Europe (or China) because they're not FDA approved in the US. The company that developed this drug (Gilead) used GS-441524 to develop the very similar Remdesivir and decided to get the FDA approval for human use to fight covid, but had to shelve FDA approval attempts for GS-441524 to do so. It's a mess but the drug is incredibly effective. FIP is typically fatal once symptoms are shown. With treatment, most cats are completely cured of the virus and we caught it extremely early since our last cat suddenly developed renal failure at the age of 10 due to genetics and naturally, we're a little paranoid with this cat. GS-441524 is truly a miracle drug. That being said, the 84 dose course of treatment is going to cost me $1,800 when all said and done. Ouch, but it's worth it. I gave Katy the cat her first dose on October 2nd. She was lethargic and barely eating at the time. After the second dose, she was acting like herself again and ravenously eating. Today, she's back to her normal weight and races me up the stairs so I can give her some kibbles. Thanks for your support everyone and don't worry, I'm not leaving. I'll be starting a 60g system and getting back to my roots with a beautiful anemone tank and a pico acro system using gear I've had in storage.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope for the best for Katy.
image.jpg

Thank you. She’s awaiting her nightly injection and subsequent “licky treat” for being such a good girl. You can see her de-fuzzed but slowly re-fuzzing belly from the ultrasound used to detect the abdominal fluid caused by the infection.

tsantos121

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
187g acrylic tank (no name) 60L x 30D x 24H. 1/2" front/back panel, 3/4" sides. All seams are in good shape otherwise I wouldn't sell it to you. Will need sanding and polishing.
Matching heavy duty stand (It's a monster) painted grey with white doors and accents.
Matching canopy painted grey with white accents. Lightweight for easy removal.
Buy the tank and stand together and i'll happily throw in the simplicity sump and jebao DC return pump that's currently in use and leave all plumbing hooked up.
AND.... I help you load it. OoOoOo
Asking $400 obo

Aquatic life 6-bulb t5ho with an assortment of used but still useful bulbs included (lots of blue plus) $60

Full Calcium Reactor Setup: Skimz reactor (few months old) with enough coarse & medium media + zeomag to last at least a year (Yes, I did the easy Co2 bypass trick to reduce noise and it works beautifully without actually wasting any C02, but can be undone in two seconds if you wish. It's just changing hose routing), Kamoer fx-stp (few months old) with PLENTY of replacement hose, carbon doser (has a little corrosion on the gauges, but works perfectly fine)(maybe a few years old), Milwaukee ph controller (few months old) and a nearly full 20lb C02 bottle (don't care about age because that's Airgas's problem, lol)

Asking $500 obo

These funds are going toward paying for my cat's FIP treatment. The doses (GS-441524) are extremely expensive and come from Eastern Europe (or China) because they're not FDA approved in the US. The company that developed this drug (Gilead) used GS-441524 to develop the very similar Remdesivir and decided to get the FDA approval for human use to fight covid, but had to shelve FDA approval attempts for GS-441524 to do so. It's a mess but the drug is incredibly effective. FIP is typically fatal once symptoms are shown. With treatment, most cats are completely cured of the virus and we caught it extremely early since our last cat suddenly developed renal failure at the age of 10 due to genetics and naturally, we're a little paranoid with this cat. GS-441524 is truly a miracle drug. That being said, the 84 dose course of treatment is going to cost me $1,800 when all said and done. Ouch, but it's worth it. I gave Katy the cat her first dose on October 2nd. She was lethargic and barely eating at the time. After the second dose, she was acting like herself again and ravenously eating. Today, she's back to her normal weight and races me up the stairs so I can give her some kibbles. Thanks for your support everyone and don't worry, I'm not leaving. I'll be starting a 40g system and getting back to my roots with a beautiful anemone tank and a pico acro system using gear I've had in storage.
$960 for the whole kit? Do you have any pictures?

tsantos121

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up parting everything out but still have the tank and stand. I dropped the price down to $350 obo. This is when it was up and running.
E855F0A3-C3B9-472E-AF01-4F1A2148260C.jpeg
Bummer I’ll keep it in mind I’ll have to price for everything else and get back to you. Just trying to upgrade tank size but not completely break the bank like I know I could. Awesome thank and stand though.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back