• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Breaking Down - 2x Bubble King External Skimmers 250EXT and 300EXT

Reefinny

WYSIWYG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all - I am in the process of changing up my system and will be selling two of my skimmers. These Skimmers are the best. No issues. Will be cleaned up well before pick up and you can see them running now. My new Skimmers will be here next week so It will take me a week or so to get them broken down and cleaned.

BK 300 EXT - New is $2,700 I will take $1200
BK250 EXT - New is $ $2,200 I will take $1,000

Price DOES NOT include shipping.

Pick up in Huntington NY or I can meet / Long Island / Local

Prefer not to ship.

BK250.jpg
BK300.jpg

OP
OP
Reefinny

Reefinny

WYSIWYG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you end up going with?
BK Deluxe 300 - I am redoing the area and needed space so I went internal. Hard decision to go from external to internal - If its not broke dont fix it - ya know. But I am redoing the area and want to add another tank and change up the layout so will be selling some stuff of to do so.

shafman1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all - I am in the process of changing up my system and will be selling two of my skimmers. These Skimmers are the best. No issues. Will be cleaned up well before pick up and you can see them running now. My new Skimmers will be here next week so It will take me a week or so to get them broken down and cleaned.

BK 300 EXT - New is $2,700 I will take $1200
BK250 EXT - New is $ $2,200 I will take $1,000

Price DOES NOT include shipping.

Pick up in Huntington NY or I can meet / Long Island / Local

Prefer not to ship.

BK250.jpg
BK300.jpg
Question about the external skimmer. I just purchased a Royal Exclusiv 300 Ext skimmer. The directions say they don't recommend gluing the drain tubing. This doesn't make sense to me. I would think the drain would leak. Maybe this is for the internal skimmer only. Did you glue all drain plumbing off the skimmer? I just read the directions again. Maybe they are talking about the skimmer head tubing not the drain to the sump? Thanks!

Last edited:

shafman1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received an answer from Royal Exclusiv today. The external piping must be glued. Makes sense.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back