Breaking Down My 120

gcrawford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for a change and taking down my 120. What's kept me hanging on this long are the fish - most of which have been with me since 2012 and my wife and son named them. So, without getting too sentimental here, I want to offer them to a good home, hopefully to the same home as they are all buddies and have been for so long.

Yellow Tang - about 3-4 inches in diameter
Flame Angel - about 3 inches long
Ocellaris Clown - about 2.5 to 3 inches long
Two young chromis
Various snails and hermits
Also lots of leathers and frags if you want to risk green hair algae transfer

I plan to remove live rock this weekend in order to catch the fish and then take down the tank for good and prepare to sell. Green hair algae has won the battle and a treadmill is on the way, so the decision is final. I'll have lots of equipment to sell as well once the livestock is gone and I have time to go through it.

I'm local, just west of Huntsville in the Monrovia area.

-g

wadesims2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for a change and taking down my 120. What's kept me hanging on this long are the fish - most of which have been with me since 2012 and my wife and son named them. So, without getting too sentimental here, I want to offer them to a good home, hopefully to the same home as they are all buddies and have been for so long.

Yellow Tang - about 3-4 inches in diameter
Flame Angel - about 3 inches long
Ocellaris Clown - about 2.5 to 3 inches long
Two young chromis
Various snails and hermits
Also lots of leathers and frags if you want to risk green hair algae transfer

I plan to remove live rock this weekend in order to catch the fish and then take down the tank for good and prepare to sell. Green hair algae has won the battle and a treadmill is on the way, so the decision is final. I'll have lots of equipment to sell as well once the livestock is gone and I have time to go through it.

I'm local, just west of Huntsville in the Monrovia area.

-g
Interesting in frags and the yellow tang

OP
OP
gcrawford

gcrawford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish, snails and crabs are all spoken for - going to one home together which is my goal. Thanks for all who reached out. I'll be listing equipment and tank/stand/canopy as soon as I get it all dismantled and cleaned.

-g

OP
OP
gcrawford

gcrawford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what size canopy?
Canopy is 4 feet wide and two feet deep - standard 120 size. It's walnut (light) wood with two large computer fans in back and two / 2 bulb BRS T-5 retrofit kits. The kits were $120 each plus bulbs. Was going to do a package deal with the tank when I get the tank clean, but I can let the canopy go for $200 as is with cooling and lights built in.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know if you have any livestock left. Looking for some things for my sons new tank. I am not worried about GHA, a lot of manual work for him, and then the sea hare in my QT frag tank should take care of the rest.

OP
OP
gcrawford

gcrawford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely interested in everything left. Let me know.
If you're referring to equipment, all should be cleaned up by this weekend and I'll post a list with prices. I've got quite a bit of stuff too - vortech mp40x4, apex, kessils, geo cal reactor, geo kalk reactor, tunze ato, reef octopus skimmer, two varios-6 pumps, power heads, BRS 6 stage RODI and pressure pump, heaters, brute cans with wheels, lid and float valves....

Back