BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Without reading through 45 pages, I have heard that the initial recommended dosing amounts was not killing the AEFW... are you now recommending higher dosing amounts? Is this still a trial?

Asco1104

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Without reading through 45 pages, I have heard that the initial recommended dosing amounts was not killing the AEFW... are you now recommending higher dosing amounts? Is this still a trial?

Hi look at post #886 that is the revised dosing amount.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
We did double the initial dose, which in some tanks absolutely destroys the flatworms, in others there are a few stragglers left behind. What we found with the double dose is even if it does not kill them, it stunts them enough to not be able to lay eggs anymore. They slowly get weaker, start to lose color, which can make them highly visible in the tank ( super creepy ) and slowly die off. So even with tanks with visible flatworms left, by the end of the full treatment cycle, there will be none. Most people around week 3 start to see major improvements with their corals, some tanks around the second week depending on how infested they were, by week 5, you’ll never know you had flatworms as they repair their damage very quickly once they are not being munched on :)

jamesfc27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I read some people are removing their filter socks during treatment because they're clogging up quickly, is it a requirement to remove them during treatment?

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
They just fill up really fast. If you can, rinse them back into the display :)

LouieP

View Badges
Reaction score
so it is now recommended to double the 1st dose, as previously recommended remove carbon, filter socks & turn off skimmer.

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
so it is now recommended to double the 1st dose, as previously recommended remove carbon, filter socks & turn off skimmer.

Yes. You can restart your skimmer after 48-72 if you need to but keeping it off may be of benefit.

CustomReefCreations

View Badges
Reaction score
Lets just say... I am a little skeptical how much actual trial this went through. My very good friend got his purge with no labels on the bottle and the starting dose per his printed instructions were 2oz per 20 gallons. 1 week later I get my product and it is 1oz per 20 gallons and a different dosing regimen all together.
They offer 2 day shipping but took 4 business days to get here.
So a question from one industry professional to the next.
Why did you raise your product retail price point by $10 per bottle, and change your dosing regimen so soon? If this was in fact a trialed and tested product?
Looking forward to some answers

CustomReefCreations

View Badges
Reaction score
purge print out.jpg

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Lets just say... I am a little skeptical how much actual trial this went through. My very good friend got his purge with no labels on the bottle and the starting dose per his printed instructions were 2oz per 20 gallons. 1 week later I get my product and it is 1oz per 20 gallons and a different dosing regimen all together.
They offer 2 day shipping but took 4 business days to get here.
So a question from one industry professional to the next.
Why did you raise your product retail price point by $10 per bottle, and change your dosing regimen so soon? If this was in fact a trialed and tested product?
Looking forward to some answers

As an end user, and not an industry professional, I think it's pretty simple to expect that most every product on the market iterates as it ages. It's pretty obvious to me that they tested the product. Why would they essentially kill their business, and other successful products, by sending out a product that could wipe out your tank, untested? It would also seem obvious to me that it's unlikely they have seen every single string of AEFW in their trials, and that the market will help them correct that problem.

The shipping thing, that's addressed in a number of ways. I could speculate that it took them 2 days to get it out the door and then 2 days for delivery, or the shipping company just took longer, or a million other reasons.

As far as the $10, supply and demand comes to mind.

I got no skin in this game, and i don't have AEFW to deal with. The answers to your questions just seem obvious to me.

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
So, it's literally the exact same dosing procedure, they just split the first dose into two instead of one large one. Doesn't seem all that different to me.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Totally understand. The pre purchase orders were no label bottle orders with instruction sheets at a discounted rate as we waited on our shipping label bottles which was explained in this thread earlier. Once we had the labeled bottles, the price went to standard pricing, which mimics every product in our line.

Express shipping is just that. Once shipped, it will be to you in 2-3 days depending on where you are located. When a order is placed, 99.9% of the time, it ships from our location the next day, goes to USPS and ships from their location the following. We try our hardest to get orders out as quick as we can.

For the dosing instructions, they are the same dosages, you can either do a single dose the first dose or split it into two. You are still putting the same amount into your tank the first week :)

CustomReefCreations

View Badges
Reaction score
I see your point... I am a vendor. I get raked over the coals as a business for any little thing. So I am voicing my concern.
1. If this was a long term trialed product with such great success. Why would you change your dosing regimen literally weeks after the release without making a justified statement for the change.
2. I am jot going ro leave a bad review... but AEFW are a plague, and some people may be desperate to get the product in their hands. I for one am not, I only suspect an issue. However.... trust me. Someone WILL leave a bad review if they state 2 day shipping, and wait 2 days before printing the label and it takes 4 days.

I just want to know why the dosing regimen was changed. When the 2oz per 20 gallons has already proved to not kill 100% of flatworms.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Again, I hear you and totally understand. Basically it boils down to earlier in this thread we figured out that one of the species of AEFW’s takes double the strength to kill off. This was long before it was actually released :)

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 120 43.2%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 133 47.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 2.9%
Back