High salinity course of action during flucanozole treatment?

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a small equipment issue that led salinity to rise upwards of 37ppt. I’m currently in the middle of a flucanozole treatment for bryopsis. Should I slowly start to remove some water and replace with RODI, or should I wait til the 3 weeks of treatment is done? I don’t want to render the fluc useless since it’s already working well on the bryopsis, but I also am concerned about the salinity and my corals…

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your logic is sound. I would watch the livestock, and if it starts to show negative effects, start bringing the hypersalinity down.

If you normally run 34-35 ppt / 1.025, you are only 10% high, so it would only be a 10% WC.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a small equipment issue that led salinity to rise upwards of 37ppt. I’m currently in the middle of a flucanozole treatment for bryopsis. Should I slowly start to remove some water and replace with RODI, or should I wait til the 3 weeks of treatment is done? I don’t want to render the fluc useless since it’s already working well on the bryopsis, but I also am concerned about the salinity and my corals…

I wouldn't worry. We teach people to run their tank at 35ppt. You're at 37. I'd stay the course and make the correction after the treatment.

OP
OP
BAMatter

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your logic is sound. I would watch the livestock, and if it starts to show negative effects, start bringing the hypersalinity down.

If you normally run 34-35 ppt / 1.025, you are only 10% high, so it would only be a 10% WC.

I wouldn't worry. We teach people to run their tank at 35ppt. You're at 37. I'd stay the course and make the correction after the treatment.

Thank y’all…

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 74 46.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back