Breeding clownfish

pacificpelican

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 29, 2022
Messages
17
Reaction score
8
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking into breeding clownfish and here is my current setup and a few questions. I don’t know the age of these clownfish but they are about 2” or a little less and I know they say it doesn’t depend on size, but age is connected to size to an extent so have they reached maturity yet or how far away are they from it as an estimate? They do the shakes and one is clearly the dominant one. They don't fight and the dominant one is the only one that goes towards the other one to chase it every once in a while. They are currently in a 5 gallon with an air pump and a filter with a pot. They sleep in the pot at night. I feed them 3-4 times a day. Do I just keep feeding them and keep the water quality good and they’ll just breed? Here is a pic of the pair.

IMG_1694.png
 
Wow, really beautiful pair you got there! What kind are they?
 
The receipt said they were hail snowstorms. They have a really nice blue accent on their bottom you can see at night and their eyelids.
Really nice score that's for sure. I think the blue accents are pretty rare to see in these designer clowns. I only seen it a few times. It's amazing to see that color against the white body :star-struck: good luck! I hope you get a lot a babies soon. It's going to be epic!
 
Wake up in the middle of the night shine a dim light in tank. See where they are. If they are within touching distance you have a bonded pair, if not you don’t and you have awhile to go. IF they bond
 
Wake up in the middle of the night shine a dim light in tank. See where they are. If they are within touching distance you have a bonded pair, if not you don’t and you have awhile to go. IF they bond
Got it, thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new