Breeding Clowns

What is the best type of Clownfish to breed?

• Total voters

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing to remember is if you try to breed picassos or snowflakes, you will get a majority of True percs or false percs respectively. The extra white is a genetic defect that will show up, but in the minority of the fry.

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing to do would be breed snowflake with Black oscillaris or picasso with onyx

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
might wanna check nano reef there are threads by myself and pickel on there about breeding. its fun but also fustrating. definately addicting and soooooo rewarding. not talking monetary but its so cool to think that mostly every clown that you hatch out woulda been dead in the wild and here you are raising them to maturity

OP
OP
R

Reef Keeper 18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I'll be sure to check out that forum. Thanks everyone for the feedback. I've kinda just fallen in love with breeding ever since I saw the tiny fry of the black ocellaris at my lfs and Have wanted to breed clownfish. They are by far my favorite type of fish. I'm just trying to see what exactly it is that I'm getting myself into

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gosh!I need to write a book on clownfish breeding.

There is to much for me to type about clownfish breeding,if you want to,PM me,and I will PM you my number and you can call me,there is just WAY to much for me to type,and for me to type wrong.

Thanks

Do it right and become a published author. The Clownfishes book was discontinued, so you could be next in line.

See, thats the great thing about these forums, is you have access to talent like clowns101 to bounce things off of. Forums have saved me in saltwater and in work.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do it right and become a published author. The Clownfishes book was discontinued, so you could be next in line.

See, thats the great thing about these forums, is you have access to talent like clowns101 to bounce things off of. Forums have saved me in saltwater and in work.

I would if I had a good plan!HAHA!There is alot to cover!I would have to modle myself off of that book,but 10x better!

Reef Keeper 18-My PM is clear

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could always write an unofficial one for R2R, as I've seen a few threads about breeding lately.

OP
OP
R

Reef Keeper 18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I like black ocellaris because their a bit inexpenzive as compared to picasso snowcasso breeding pairs. But they are much harder to find. Petco sells saltwater......? Man I never knew.... the petco by me is kinda ghetto so Idk what quailty the stuff I'll get is so I think I'l stick to my lfs.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, my Petco has some satwater fish and inverts, if I am not there the day they come in I usually pass on the fish.

Pizzapro83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I like black ocellaris because their a bit inexpenzive as compared to picasso snowcasso breeding pairs. But they are much harder to find. Petco sells saltwater......? Man I never knew.... the petco by me is kinda ghetto so Idk what quailty the stuff I'll get is so I think I'l stick to my lfs.

I take it you are talking about Randys clowns? Have you seen his breeding room? Its top notch. From what I have heard him say it is a lot of work. Its a challenge to get it all to work out. Good luck and next time your at ARC ask to see the breeding room. The password to get in is Happy Endings lol

OP
OP
R

Reef Keeper 18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha ya Randy has a nice pair. Great store always has quality livestock. Never had a problem. and No ihavent seen it. I'm goin there this weekend tho so I'll ask. I saw the "buying all types of breeding pairs" sign tho. and ya between keeping all the fish healthy and culturing rotis it seems like a ton of work but really satisfying.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 106 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 83 33.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 40 16.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.6%
Back