BREEDING/ GROWING BRINE SHRIMP

  • Thread starter Thread starter knotsmart
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

knotsmart

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2015
Messages
52
Reaction score
8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good morning guys/ladies...
going to try to grow out some brine shrimp.. ive hatched eggs some years ago and ultimately the water got fowl and crashed.. I have some new ideas I wanted to run by you fine folks that have success and actually know what youre doing..
heres my idea..
my overflow from my DT dumps into a 10gl tank which dumps into my sump. I want to use the 10gl to grow the brine. my idea is that utilizing the tank looped into the system will resolve the water quality issue. for $3-4 I can buy live brine and throw them into the 10gl and let them go.. feed them , let them grow out, lay/hatch new eggs and let them grow out again.. scoop some out periodically to feed the DT..
everyone that ive watched on youtube is growing them in 5gl buckets with an airline and a heater.. I don't understand how theyre keeping water quality which is why I like the idea of the looped in system..
1. is salinity at 1.025 fine for the shrimp??
2. what is the life cycle for the shrimp? how many days till adults will lay eggs??
3 anyone think this is a bad idea??

IMAG0831.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new