Breeding leaf scorpion fish

Tanks andupdates

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2018
Messages
29
Reaction score
23
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know if this is possible and if so what do I need for a proper housing I would like to know your input.
 
Proper housing for a scorpion fish is a 20 gallon or larger, It can be in a reef tank but can’t be kept with small fish. I don’t think it’s easy to breed in a home aquarium because you can’t tell the difference from male and female. ( again I think)
 
Proper housing for a scorpion fish is a 20 gallon or larger, It can be in a reef tank but can’t be kept with small fish. I don’t think it’s easy to breed in a home aquarium because you can’t tell the difference from male and female. ( again I think)

That is true but there is one way to tell typically the males have a more vibrant color or a more saturated color I believe I have a pair but still not sure if this is a true way to sex them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 45 33.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new