Breeding Mollies

Fishineer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I breed these two studs? Do you guys think there is a market for pre-conditions Mollies or at least ones that have have lived long term in a reef tank? The bigger male was one of my original Mollies and the smaller male is bred with a black molly that makes it look like a koi molly. I definately like the mollie as like a poor man's wrasse. What are your guys and gals thoughts?

IMG_20220909_015227142[1].jpg

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they both males?

Anyway, I think there would be a market, since some people like to put them in sw tanks. If you had a store, then a tank of already acclimated mollies would probably get some sales. As a hobbyist, I doubt that it would be worth the trouble, unless you could get a store to buy them from you by the dozens.

Depending on your local market, livebearers can sell poorly or really well.

OP
OP
F

Fishineer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they both males?

Anyway, I think there would be a market, since some people like to put them in sw tanks. If you had a store, then a tank of already acclimated mollies would probably get some sales. As a hobbyist, I doubt that it would be worth the trouble, unless you could get a store to buy them from you by the dozens.

Depending on your local market, livebearers can sell poorly or really well.
Yeah both males. I have an indoor pond that I put the rest in after I got tired of mollies. But was considering going to petco and looking for some females.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gestation is substantially longer in full salt water and really they are pretty easy to acclimate for those interested in putting them in their salt water tanks. For those of us that use mollies for predators, I wouldn't use salt water mollies because of the chance to spread disease. I'm not sure I see an advantage other than marketing.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 33.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back