Breeding saltwater mollies

  • Thread starter Thread starter Icky Nicky
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Icky Nicky

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
130
Reaction score
145
Location
Detroit
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, looking for some help from someone experienced with breeding mollies.

Since I've heard different answers I thought I'd ask here, will mollies breed in saltwater? if not would they be able to breed in brackish or would I have to change the tank over to full freshwater? I'm looking to breed them so I can have a self sustaining supply of feeders for my eel, please let me know your thoughts/experiences.
 
I got mollilies and they breed like crazy. I don't do anything special for the fry's. The fry's that end up in the sump survive and when there big enough they go into the dt.
 
Some thirty years ago, I got salt water mollies from a hatchery in Porto Rico. They were gorgeous Sailfin that were local in the marine environment of Porto Rico. I grew several generations and since then have grown at least 4th generation of Petco mollies. They do well in a peaceful tank. I use them in growout systems.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new