Breeding wild caught true percula clownfish ?s

Triinsept

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2016
Messages
38
Reaction score
19
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few questions about breeding. I have several batches of baby true perculas. Mom and dad are wild caught. If I’m selling them to a local fish store, how much should I expect to get for each baby. I’m pretty sure I paid $80 for the original pair.
I also am getting to the point of too many tanks of clowns. I was trying to think of a way to house the hatches together but separate. I was thinking of a 40 gallon breeder split into 3 or 4 sections w/acrylic and window screening separating the sections and a hob filter in the section with the oldest hatch ( 3 months ) Does anyone have experience with this or any other ideas?
Thanks
 
Most perc at my lfs sell for $20-23. I would expect you to sell them for about $8-12 apiece. Most stores like a to double there money.
 
Just regular markings ? If so 3-4
Fancier clowns will bring s little more money
 
Quantity will bring money because of the number and rarer morphs will bring the the big bucks. Ie lightning maroon clowns, snowflake clowns, platinum clowns
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new