Brian's JBJ 45 build

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to seeing it all come together.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks: I tore down my 37 gal freshwater in Dec, posted pics of it being tore down. I fired up my 10 gal to be a QT and been waiting for that to finish cycling ( which it finally has) and put two clowns in it. Waiting on a compensation check that should have arrived in Dec to start everything else but didn't arrived to the beginning of this month. So here I go

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks: I tore down my 37 gal freshwater in Dec, posted pics of it being tore down. I fired up my 10 gal to be a QT and been waiting for that to finish cycling ( which it finally has) and put two clowns in it. Waiting on a compensation check that should have arrived in Dec to start everything else but didn't arrived to the beginning of this month. So here I go
I started out with fresh water tanks as well, now just down to my 30 gallon , wish I would have gone bigger now. :rolleyes:

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I really wanted a 65 ( actually a 125) but we really don't have the space for it , we live in a second floor condo that was poorly built) so the wife afraid we have weight issues as well as any water damage. So she allowed me to get the 45. I'm happy it's better because it's deeper than 12 in like the 37 but not as wide but fish will have more room overall I think. The 37 was 22 in tall and really the fish that I had (electric blues acaras) weren't using that height so I'm stoked

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I really wanted a 65 ( actually a 125) but we really don't have the space for it , we live in a second floor condo that was poorly built) so the wife afraid we have weight issues as well as any water damage. So she allowed me to get the 45. I'm happy it's better because it's deeper than 12 in like the 37 but not as wide but fish will have more room overall I think. The 37 was 22 in tall and really the fish that I had (electric blues acaras) weren't using that height so I'm stoked
Lol, I think 65 will be my final size, we are building a 2nd house in OBX nc. so I'm thinking of doing one as a room divider but that won't be for a year or so, and I don't blame your wife for being worried I would too. I think I want more of a longer tank than tall or wide, not that they talk to me or any thing( haha) but I think my fish would like to do lapse as opposed to swimming up and down. :D This is an addicting hobby!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 96 44.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 33.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 16.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back