Brightwel aquatics and start xlm

  • Thread starter Thread starter Qasim
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Qasim

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Messages
286
Reaction score
120
What state or country do you live in
So it has been 2 weeks I have dosed microbacter start xlm and it doesnt work like it says on their website. It never got down the ammonia and their bottling is a nightmare by itself. It says the tanks will cycle in as little as 7 days i have given it enough time and tested every other day. In the first day I didnt see any ammonia which was obvious. Starting from second and third days very little ammonia detected and went up to 1 ppm. Now no matter what it is not going down. So as an experience with them I had very good results when using microbater 7 but with this products itis a failure to me. I will leave the judgment to you.

20200131_094653.jpg 20200131_094248.jpg 20200131_003910.jpg
 
Just out of curiosity what did you use as the ammonia source ?
 
I didnt put anything however it started detecting in a couple days, thats when i tried to reach out to brightwel and they told me to wait and not put any fish until ammonia is zero
 
I didnt put anything however it started detecting in a couple days, thats when i tried to reach out to brightwel and they told me to wait and not put any fish until ammonia is zero.


You have to put ammonia in the tank in order for the product to work. The ammonia you are seeing is probably the massive die off of the nitrifying bacteria that died as they had no source of ammonia or nitrite
 
fritz turbo start is the only cycle product that comes with true nitrifying bacteria to start the cycle. all other products need an additional carbon source.
 
fritz turbo start is the only cycle product that comes with true nitrifying bacteria to start the cycle. all other products need an additional carbon source.


I've used microbacter, stability, etc with success in lowering ammonia in a new cycling tank without adding carbon source so I'm kinda confused by that
 
I've used microbacter, stability, etc with success in lowering ammonia in a new cycling tank without adding carbon source so I'm kinda confused by that

there must have been something else in the tank that was providing ammonia. i wouldn’t know what, obviously. could have been dead matter in the rock.
 
I feel like there were dead stuff within rock work but still the bacteria should handle if it is a concentrated solution. I was thinking of dumping all the water and order fritz zyme and start over i would never go back to brightwel products.
 
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new