Brightwell Dry Rock Bacteria Starter Kit

  • Thread starter Thread starter aja1216
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

aja1216

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2025
Messages
106
Reaction score
94
Location
Grand Island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello I added 8ml of the QuikCycle to my tank, tested after an hour, no ammonia. Added another 5ml waited another hour, still no ammonia. Added another 5ml waited 12hrs, still no ammonia. Nitrite is 0

Fish Tank: 85g total with sump
Salinity: 1.025
pH: 7.90
Temp: 78
Test Kit: Salifert

Should I keep adding QuikCycle till it’s detected?
 
Hello I added 8ml of the QuikCycle to my tank, tested after an hour, no ammonia. Added another 5ml waited another hour, still no ammonia. Added another 5ml waited 12hrs, still no ammonia. Nitrite is 0

Fish Tank: 85g total with sump
Salinity: 1.025
pH: 7.90
Temp: 78
Test Kit: Salifert

Should I keep adding QuikCycle till it’s detected?
Hello from the Canandaigua area!

I've never used that product and had to look up the instructions, but it looks like you should use about 1 mL/5 gallons. For an 85 gallon system you should use about 17 mL. I see you've added about 18 mL total, so my thought is that the QuickCycle product may not be at its full strength. I would add enough of it to reach an ammonia concentration of 1.0-2.0 ppm to start your cycle. If the QuickCycle product isn't working for you, I'd suggest trying Dr. Tim Ammonium Chloride, or a food grade ammonia bicarbonate.

Good luck!
 
Strange, but I had similar issue with different brand of instant cycle product just a month ago.No detectable ammonia despite doubling the dose, but ammonia was eventually detected after ghost feeding. Looks to me as possibly some suppliers either keep products improperly or there is some manufacturing issue.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new