Brightwell NeoMarine salt

Scubabum

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 3, 2015
Messages
745
Reaction score
1,039
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wanted to know if anyone using Brightwell NeoMarine salt gets white residue in their mixing container, heater and mixing pump? I'm on my 3rd bucket of NeoMarine and every batch I mix leaves a white residue in my 5 gallon bucket or Brute 32 gallon trash can and all over my heater and mixing pump. I heat and circulate the water and mix for at least 24 hours. I made the switch to NeoMarine from Red Sea Blue bucket. Main reason for switching is WWC uses Brightwell and I strive to have a display as nice as they do. My reef is doing well and thriving but the residue is driving me nuts. If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts on the white residue please reply to this post. Thanks in advance.
20190701_154156.jpg
 
I know this is crazy late, but I use Brightwell and have the same results. But I have found after 24 hours everything is mixed and the white goes away. I do mix mine pretty heavy by hand after an hour of letting the powerheads do their job in a large brute can. Also, it heats up the water nice and quick to help the heaters for matching temps to the DT if you need to!

Overall though I love Bightwell and their products... The folks over their are simply amazing and truly care about how their customers tanks do.
 
I use brightwell with my AWC system and I don’t have white residue but it definitely leaves a brown film on the mixing tank and in the water lines that run to the tank.

As you can see in this pic the middle dosing pump is the fresh salt feed to the tank. The left is my RODI feed to my top off reservoir and the right is the waste salt.
7DC5EDDE-F0AE-4835-9C25-BC741E0301B8.jpeg


I’ve had nothing but good results since I switched to brightwell 9 months ago so I’m not overly concerned about the film other than it doesn’t look too good in the mixing container.
 
I had a chance to speak with Brightwell and RAP California. They informed me that if you are not adding enough RO/DI water some white residue can occur. This was not my case. After further discussion about mixing methods my only difference was I was covering my Brute with the lid while mixing. After the show, I've mixed several batches with the lid off the brute and have not had any White residue since. Hope this helps for anyone experiencing this.
 
I get some tan film. Never cared as my parameters always measured up to what I wanted.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new