Brightwell Neophos concentration

Badnade

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a 500ml bottle of neophos off of Amazon.com. The description on the website said "1 ml NeoPhos will increase the phosphate concentration in 1 US-gallon (~3.8 L) by ~1.2 ppm". Which is what I thought I would receive.

What I received was a bottle that said 1ml neophos will increase phosphate in 1 gallon by ~.25ppm. It even says on the bottle it's a stronger formula.

Have they changed the concentration yet again? I'd prefer to have the actual stronger formula.

Anyone know if there is a brightwell aquatics representative on here? The website support contact doesn't seem to be working.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no Brightwell Rep on Reef2Reef, at least not that I have seen. They do have a history of confusing and incorrect technical descriptions.

Maybe it is easier (and cheaper, and with known purity) to just buy food grade sodium phosphate from amazon. :)

OP
OP
B

Badnade

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no Brightwell Rep on Reef2Reef, at least not that I have seen. They do have a history of confusing and incorrect technical descriptions.

Maybe it is easier (and cheaper, and with known purity) to just buy food grade sodium phosphate from amazon. :)
Would loudwolf trisodium phosphate work?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back