Brightwell's Amino Acids

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jimbo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jimbo

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2012
Messages
941
Reaction score
426
Location
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked me up a bottle of Brightwell' Coralamino in the hopes of raising my Nitrates a little bit. They have been undetectable on both my Salifert and Red Sea Pro Nitrate test kits.

Just wondering what kind of dosage people are using and how often are you dosing it?
 
Be careful with it.
It may cause issues if overdosed, cyano.
If there is a lack of no3 potassium nitrate is a safe way with no side effects of raising no3
 
Is that true of all AA's or are you saying it's a specific problem with the Brightwell brand?
 
No they all create algae problems
 
They all can if not used for the right reasons in my opinion
 
Used this for a few months and it definitely helped my algae to grow! No noticeable effect on NO3 levels in my system.

Product *may* be useful in a ULNS, but IMO is not needed in a more traditional reef tank that has sufficient nutrients.
 
I could see how a tank that was already higher nutrient or on the edge of high nutrient could be pushed over the edge by the addition of amino acids.
There is some evidence that dosing AA can be beneficial to SPS. In my situation I believe it will be beneficial, just was interested in what dosages people are using for this particular brand.
 
I was using 1/2 the recommended dose in a system with less than 1 ppm NO3 and undetectable PO4. Seems like a LNS, but the system has no mechanical or chemical filtration...just good maintenance practices.
 
Not sure if this helps but someone at WWC says he likes this brand best. Not sure of the dosage but they have some pretty amazing SPS so just keep that in mind :D
 
I could see how a tank that was already higher nutrient or on the edge of high nutrient could be pushed over the edge by the addition of amino acids.
There is some evidence that dosing AA can be beneficial to SPS. In my situation I believe it will be beneficial, just was interested in what dosages people are using for this particular brand.

If you have it handy - could you share the evidence of amino dosing benefits for SPS? If its the advanced aquarist articles - I have those, but if its some other source - I would appreciate it...thanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new