Brine shrimp hatchery device

Spicy Reef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2021
Messages
723
Reaction score
1,367
Location
Seattle
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using this method to cultivate baby brine shrimp and recently came across a bottle top I'm sure everyone but me already knows about. I could not find it here using the search engine so thought I would share...

top.jpg


It's basically a bottle top that has a molded airline tube fitting, cut a hole in the bottom of bottle and hang it upside down over utility sink. to harvest there is a one-way-valve, a T, and an outlet valve "inline-ish" with the air pump.
Keep'n it simple
 
Thanks for sharing! Do you mind sharing your mounting system?
 
Thanks for sharing! Do you mind sharing your mounting system?
Thanks, I don't mind at all :)
It's just one of those screw in hooks, one for each bottle.
I screwed them into the above cabinet. If I didn't have an above cabinet. I might screw one into the ceiling hang a horizontal wheel off of it, then 3 or more bottles from the wheel. Kind of like a baby crib mobile. The methods are only as limiting as my tiny brain :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new