Nipple fitting - 2 piece for install on anything?

  • Thread starter Thread starter IPT
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

IPT

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2023
Messages
569
Reaction score
401
Location
Alaska
What state or country do you live in
Alaska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where I can find (or even what it would be called) a drain or nipple fitting that I can mount to a container? I thought I saw one on BRS once. It was 2 pieces threaded with a gasket. So basically you could drill a hole in a container or the cover of any container and insert this thing and have a nipple to insert a dosing line or airline.

I'd like to make brine shrimp hatchery out of an old container (and also make my own dosing containers) using a bottle and drilling and inserting this in the cap. For the brine shrimp I can hatch then just have this at the bottom so after the shells float up I can just drain the water with the shrimp from below the floating eggs.
 
I found these for $8 on Amazon (4pc brine shrimp cap). These will probably work for both but I might be limited on what bottle I choose.

1785704529307.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 44 32.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new