Brine shrimp hatching, when to collect?

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a hatchery in from BRS along with eggs. It was running for about 18 hr when I took the video below. The brine shrimp are super tiny. Am I supposed to wait and let them "fatten up"? I added a pinch of spirulina powder yesterday. When it is OK to start harvesting them?

Just surprised that they are so tiny. Not sure how attractive they will be to the 2 clowns, tailspot blenny, yasha shrimp goby and MIA firefish. We'll find out!

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 days, I guess 36 to 48 hours, thats according to the instructions on the brand that I use. When they hatch, they still have the yolk sack with them for a couple of days, the yolk sack is nutritious for the fish. Don't worry about them being small, the fish will love them.

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 days, I guess 36 to 48 hours, thats according to the instructions on the brand that I use. When they hatch, they still have the yolk sack with them for a couple of days, the yolk sack is nutritious for the fish. Don't worry about them being small, the fish will love them.
The clowns and the tailspot are going a bit nuts, so looks like the little shrimp are a hit. Even the Yasha and pistol shrimp have come out.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back