Brine Shrimp Hatching

hsp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What should I do after they hatch? I was thinking about putting them in a small tank with air stones? Does that seem good?
I have read that you should only use bug (coarse) bubbles from an airline for brine shrimps as small bubbles from an air stone mess up their movements as they get stuck onto them bringing them to the surface.

OP
OP
B

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read that you should only use bug (coarse) bubbles from an airline for brine shrimps as small bubbles from an air stone mess up their movements as they get stuck onto them bringing them to the surface.
Yea, I heard the same. Ended up using the Artemis hatchery on BRS. Works amazing

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second the Ziss blender. The flat dishes from brine shrimp direct that BRS sells work ok, I used them daily for a few months, but to me the Ziss blender is much less fiddly (and easier to avoid spilling). If you plan to hatch daily long-term, the Ziss is a worthwhile investment. The Ziss also is much higher capacity if that matters to you. Whichever you choose, I suggest getting a shallow container to keep it in while culturing so that the inevitable spills are easy to clean up.

I tried eggs from several vendors (including directly from brine shrimp direct), and I have had the best/most consistent hatch rates with the Aquarium Co-op eggs.
Thanks for this info

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.2%
Back