Bringing light hang points in a bit

Oceanbear1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all,

My wife and I recently bought a house, which means I finally get to have a big tank again. I have my eye on the red sea peninsula 650 with the optional lights, and the house has a great spot for it. The problem is there is a ceiling fan that encroaches just a little bit of where the lights will need to hang.

Is there any reason I couldn't bring the hang points on the ceiling in a foot or so on both ends? I know it will create diagonal ropes, which I doubt will bug me, but didn't know if there is another reason I shouldn't do this. I can't imagine the fan making enough force to make the lights swing when it is on, but I could be wrong.

They don't have a ton of information on the light holder that comes with it, so hopefully I can adjust the hang points on it, which would make it a non issue.

Thanks!

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be just fine. It'll add a slight amount of tension to thee inner screws rather than evenly distributing the weight. Just make sure it's a good solid mounting point.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hang points are slightly narrower than the light fixture. Works just fine.

HangLight.jpg

OP
OP
O

Oceanbear1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input guys. I'll start a build thread when things really get started

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back