Need lighting fixture. Fix lights to glass?

allof fish

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2025
Messages
712
Reaction score
335
Location
america
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new tank. It’s my first rimless tank. Glass is 1/2in thick. I’m using my old light until I hopefully upgrade to radions in a few months, but need to figure out how to put lights on. They have a clamp and an arm rest. Last tank had a rim so I just had it hold onto them. Unfortunately I can’t drill into ceiling or wall or I would just hang them. I’m not sure if there’s a rail system I can use that supports these lights. Their smatfarm 140w. Is there a way to build something behind the stand and hang them that way? What would I need and how to do it. I tried many ways to screw it onto the glass using silicone bumps in between the glass but wouldn’t work. I do have corals so would like to get this done in next 2 days as that be 3 days without lights. I had a pic of them but it’s gone and I’m not home so hopefully this can help. IThanks all



IMG_0210.png
 
I have a new tank. It’s my first rimless tank. Glass is 1/2in thick. I’m using my old light until I hopefully upgrade to radions in a few months, but need to figure out how to put lights on. They have a clamp and an arm rest. Last tank had a rim so I just had it hold onto them. Unfortunately I can’t drill into ceiling or wall or I would just hang them. I’m not sure if there’s a rail system I can use that supports these lights. Their smatfarm 140w. Is there a way to build something behind the stand and hang them that way? What would I need and how to do it. I tried many ways to screw it onto the glass using silicone bumps in between the glass but wouldn’t work. I do have corals so would like to get this done in next 2 days as that be 3 days without lights. I had a pic of them but it’s gone and I’m not home so hopefully this can help. IThanks all



IMG_0210.png
Hmm that's sort of odd. The mount is "sort of " designed for rimless tanks.
Just tighten the 2 screws down.

Maybe a bit more of an explanation as to your issue.
Screenshot 2026-07-15 192455.png

led lights has sturdy oxidized aluminum bracket for aquariums glass from 0.2"-1" or hanging installation.
 
Hmm that's sort of odd. The mount is "sort of " designed for rimless tanks.
Just tighten the 2 screws down.

Maybe a bit more of an explanation as to your issue.
Screenshot 2026-07-15 192455.png
I know what it says but when actually screwing it on it bends wayyy too much even without the light on. If I were to put the light on it definitely would be putting pressure and strain on the glass
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new