Bristle tooth tang - white spots

mbargmann1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what could be on my tang? It's like little white dots..that kinda seem raised?
Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 20240228_182416.mp4
    12.9 MB

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't see the video on my phone, but this sounds like a question for the #fishmedic crew.

Assuming it's a disease issue, adding the info suggested below can help with figuring out a diagnosis and treatment plan for your fish:
I'd suggest reading through the link below (particularly the "Aquarium Parameters," "Water quality," and "In-depth Information" sections) to figure out what info you can share here with the #fishmedic to get the best diagnosis and treatment advice possible:

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see the video.

I'm pretty confident that is ich. To confirm, the spots will be in different places in a few days, but like I said, that's almost certainly ich.

Treatment is difficult in a reef with corals. An ideal treatment would be in a hospital tank with copper OR hyposalinity for at least 30 days and at least 2 weeks beyond any visual spots. You have to treat all fishes in the tank and leave the display fishless for 45-60 days, depending on temperature.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 149 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back