Bristle worm or fire worm?? Help!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kenyon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kenyon

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2015
Messages
89
Reaction score
73
Location
Fort Myers, Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have never been able to tell the difference between a bristle worm and a fire worm does anyone have a good way to tell?? I got a shot of one in my nano that I want to make sure isn't a fireworm.

Sorry the picture is a little blurry it hard to get a picture of him.
bristile worm.JPG
 
Shape does look a bit scary. But its impossable to tell with this pic.
 
Looks like all the bristles I have in my tank in shape and size. But I can't see the color under blue light, use white lights. The orange and blueish ones are the most common bristle worms. Great at cleaning.
 
I think its a bristle. Legs (bristles) are further apart.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new