Bristletooth Filefish and Mojanos

specialk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all

so down to my potentially last option before I take the rocks out, remove the coral and replace my entire system with new rock. I have a massive outbreak of Mojanos. have tried everything.

I am wondering who on here has tried bristletooh filefish and how things went with using them. I WAS previously having trouble tracking one down, but I have now found one and am thinking of getting one for my 125 gallon tank.

Look forward to hearing back on those who have dealt with this problem and has tried this fish.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AptasiaX worked better for me on mojanos than it did on aptasia.
They stay open and my shaky hand didn't cause a constant problem.
Took a few weeks but nice. Had maybe 20-30 max.
Maybe an hours worth of time?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They aren't 100% effective. Some eat them, some don't. I have found a little more than half will eat majanos.

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Despite that... They are awesome fish. I love having them in my tanks as they have personality and change colors (more like shades and patterns).

Picked up two tonight in fact... sadly and frustratingly, only 1 survived the short drive home. barb of one of them got really tangled in the net so guy at LFS tried untangling the fish out of water for awhile....probably expired from the excess stress. ugh.

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had ton of majano got a matted file fish and within no time he ate them all along with my aptasia and flat worms best addition I made to my tank
for this same reason is why i don't introduce one into my pest tank... it would then be just a tank full of rocks... :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back