Bristletooth tang and goby

RazorJaws

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I've recently become interested in getting a bristletooth whitetail tang. I like how they look, how they're constantly swimming, and that they pick parasites from the rocks and eat algae. I was pretty excited to get one. But then I read that they will bully and maybe kill gobies. Dang it. I have a watchman goby, and a midas blenny. Also thinking about a Mandarin dragonfish. My tank is 110 gallon (red sea 525 xl).
Is it true that a bristletooth won't get a long with the goby and blenny, even with that much space?
I'm afraid I know the answer, but hoping I get a wave of responses saying, no man, don't worry, it'll be fine. :)

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I've recently become interested in getting a bristletooth whitetail tang. I like how they look, how they're constantly swimming, and that they pick parasites from the rocks and eat algae. I was pretty excited to get one. But then I read that they will bully and maybe kill gobies. Dang it. I have a watchman goby, and a midas blenny. Also thinking about a Mandarin dragonfish. My tank is 110 gallon (red sea 525 xl).
Is it true that a bristletooth won't get a long with the goby and blenny, even with that much space?
I'm afraid I know the answer, but hoping I get a wave of responses saying, no man, don't worry, it'll be fine. :)

I had a bristletooth that was best buds with my purple fire fish, never cared about the yellow watchman, and left the leopard wrasse and Royal Gramma alone..

The one he picked on, my long nose flame hawk.

Of course your particular bristletooth could end up being more or less docile than the one I had.

Sometimes fish make unlikely friends, sometimes it goes just how you expect it will, and it's not good.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have two with 2 types of gobies and No Issues.

Bridgerdean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bristle tooth tang. In the same tank I have a diamond goby, green Mandrin and a Midas blenny. They never seem to bother one another. 110g tank. I think you’ll be fine.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow eyed kole tang with ycg , gcg, ywg and not a single issue.
It didn't like starry blenny my guess ate sanm food because it leaves everybody else alone.

Last edited:

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You think I’m not telling the truth?
I absolutely think your telling the true.
Fish can behave differently than expected in different setups.
I have a ton of room so mine have never experienced any bulling, that doesn’t mean any other trios like that will work.
Any adds can present all sorts of changes in others.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back