Bristletooth tangs 4ft tank

jake296

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 14, 2023
Messages
51
Reaction score
14
Location
norway
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Anybody here have success in housing multiple bristletooth tangs in a 4ft tank? Specifically small Tomini with introduction of either blue eyed or short tailed bristletooth.

No other tangs in the system.

TIA
 
I have a 120 gallons, 48 inches tank with 2 tangs (kole tang and yellow tang). It’s only been a few weeks but so far so good.

The yellow tang is definitely the boss because it is bigger. I introduced him last because of that. I wouldn’t have done the opposite.
 
I have a 120 gallons, 48 inches tank with 2 tangs (kole tang and yellow tang). It’s only been a few weeks but so far so good.

The yellow tang is definitely the boss because it is bigger. I introduced him last because of that. I wouldn’t have done the opposite.
That’s good to know! I also like the yellow and purple tangs etc but from all my research it seems they’ll outgrow the tank and I don’t want to stock it with anything that I’ll have to move on due to size. My display tank is 80 gallon, total volume 110
 
That’s good to know! I also like the yellow and purple tangs etc but from all my research it seems they’ll outgrow the tank and I don’t want to stock it with anything that I’ll have to move on due to size. My display tank is 80 gallon, total volume 110
Yeah, 80 gallons is too small for a Yellow.
 
Multiple bristletooth tangs at that size is probably not a great idea. One will work. 2 are likely to scuffle. It is technically possible, but it's a pretty high risk stocking choice
 
Multiple bristletooth tangs at that size is probably not a great idea. One will work. 2 are likely to scuffle. It is technically possible, but it's a pretty high risk stocking choice
Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking the same but I was just curious to hear
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new