Bristleworm spawning event!?!? Jfc

JRSE7EN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m terrified right now so bear with me. I have a ton of bristleworms already which are already pretty scary in itself, right? I just cleaned the refugium by scraping off sponges, plastered algae with a razor blade, some aiptasia, lots of pods. The main display looks a little foggy as my return is going full blast then I swing around to the front and see bristleworms blasting clouds of red and white. There’s lots of worms in my fuge which I figure is good. My tank is doing well overall nothing will die.

I’ve seen other random species burst out clouds of sperm or eggs whatever but never bristleworms. I was watching one after another blast a cloud of red then another a cloud of white. What am I dealing with here?

OP
OP
J

JRSE7EN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did raise the level on the skimmer to catch more of the hatred and cleaned my 3 socks. 2 are carbon bags and the other is gfo bags. Three in total draining from display into sump. Afraid now I disturbed too many aiptasia that they blew apart and are now clouding the water. Dunno it’s all speculation but seeing worms blast their load all over the place freaks me out. Corals are undisturbed.

OP
OP
J

JRSE7EN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tentacles are out on corals, porcelain crabs are loving it. I’m expecting an outbreak of either aiptasia or more bristleworms (which I don’t think will fit).
At this point I don’t have a ton of aiptasia; I know what that looks like. Bought a couple peppermints on Saturday and made the mistake of dropping them in the display only to become whipfin wrasse food. Never had luck with any aiptasia eaters other than my hand and f-aiptasia. Now’s not the time as I have an almost 2 year old and another due next month. *** ‍♂️

OP
OP
J

JRSE7EN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some other random creature releasing some hate omg. S’like and underwater orgy going on here! Everyone get out!!

Attachments

• IMG_8531.mov
    50.3 MB

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back