Brittle Star Stressed

ScampyTank

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2021
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
northern ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had a brittle star that I had moved to my sump about 2 months ago and he was doing great but for some reason being in the sump stressed him and his legs started to fall off. In response, I moved him back to my display and the legs all were growing back and everything was going well until I had a Brooklynella outbreak in my tank. Moved my fish that were left to QT so I can do a fallow period. In order to get my watchman goby out of the tank I had to move my rockwork where the star used to hide, and this seems to have really stressed out the brittle star and he's dropping all his legs - just has 4 nubs left sadly. He's out in the open, and his body is doing a weird pulsating thing from time to time.
I can upload my parameters but nitrates are low at 2.5, salinity is 1.025...i can do the rest too but if it was parameter related you would think my other inverts would be responding and they are all loving life including a tiger serpent star, two urchins, many hermits, skunk cleaner shrimp.
Would moving rockwork be enough to cause this? Is there any hope? I can't seem to find much on this other than check parameters but nothing else seems stressed.
 
Likely starvation
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new