Broad question about flakes and pellets

FrugalReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy weekend fellow reefers. My large container of Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef Flakes is going to expire soon (shouldn’t have gone so big) and I’m about to run out of Omega One Marine Mini Pellets. Just want to get ideas of what are good brands of flakes and pellets to get next. Not all my fish eat the flakes I have so I’m looking for something which will have a better chance of all the fish eating it. The pellets I have sink too fast such that my fish ignore the pellets that hit the bottom. If it wasn’t for my Nassarius Snails taking care of the leftovers, my tank would probably be more polluted. Anyways, regards and TIA.

thereefhotspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy weekend fellow reefers. My large container of Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef Flakes is going to expire soon (shouldn’t have gone so big) and I’m about to run out of Omega One Marine Mini Pellets. Just want to get ideas of what are good brands of flakes and pellets to get next. Not all my fish eat the flakes I have so I’m looking for something which will have a better chance of all the fish eating it. The pellets I have sink too fast such that my fish ignore the pellets that hit the bottom. If it wasn’t for my Nassarius Snails taking care of the leftovers, my tank would probably be more polluted. Anyways, regards and TIA.
I’d look into Dainichi. Fantastic pellets and Fish go nuts for them. Even fresh imports get on to them quick. The “Baby“ size is probably the one most people use. If you’ve got pretty big fish, try the “Small” size.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish love the PE pellets. Personally I also feed some frozens to my fish as well, as much variety as possible for healthy happy fish.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back