Broken Alkatronic worth it for 100 bucks?

Dr4gula.f32

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2022
Messages
306
Reaction score
159
Location
Long Island
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the repairability on these? There is a local one in an "error state" for 100 bucks. I am a mechanic that does some component level repairs, and am great with electronics in general...

So whats the worst that can happen with these things when they are broken? Apparently this one turns on. I am waiting on a photo of the 'error state'.
 
UPDATE: She gave it to me for free! The reagent she gave me expired 4 years ago I wonder if that's the issue. 4 more hours of work till I get this thing home and can play with it!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new