Broken/cracked Sumps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Trigger Titanium sump back on black Friday that came with a perfect box but the filter sock side was broken completely.
20231215_182235.jpg

Alex from the support team was great and had another sump shipped out within a few days. I received it earlier this week and just started to get everything set up when I found that the replacement was cracked in almost the same exact place.
20231215_181402.jpg

I know BRS has good customer service and I'm sure this will be dealt with but it is crazy frustrating to finally have time to sit down to do work on a project and find this twice! Also, this is the same exact model of sump but you'll notice in the pictures the end is a smoked color on one and blue on the other. Is Trigger just slapping these together with anything? Is this just a weak point on these sumps? Should I just scrap it all and go with a different sump at this point?

Fishgeek88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Probably just coincidence. I had a sump from trigger come in perfect packed very well. These packages have quite the journey to end up at the doorstep.

Robert Ranciato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sometimes the people delivering and handling this heavy stuff at this time of year get a little careless. I have a cousin that works for UPS goes in at 7am and is still working at10pm. He makes good money but it's ridiculous to work people that much. It's no excuse BRS should definitely send you a new one at a discount price. I would actually convey to them the down time on your build this has caused. I have found BRS is going down hill lately. Constantly raising their prices on mandatory stuff like Hanna reagents. When Saltwateraquarium ans Aquacave keep the prices the same. Anyway sorry for the rant. Good luck with your build. Marry Christmas

OP
OP
T

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just find it hard to believe they both cracked/broke in the same spot unless something else is going on. I suppose it's possible UPS handled both boxes in the exact same manner to cause nearly the same damage but it just doesn't seem likely.

Orko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had ordered a 200 gal box of Reef Crystals salt when it was delivered the driver dropped it so hard on the porch you could hear it in the house and i think we could feel it in the living room .. it was delivered at 8 pm they work long hours and heavy stuff to deliver .. that spot on the sump may be that one spot where the stress for the whole sump is concentrated ..

OP
OP
T

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a doorbell camera and saw both delivered. They weren't dropped hard or beat up, neither of the boxes had any signs of damage or I would have opened them immediately instead of waiting until Friday to do it both times. ‍

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very sorry to hear that this has happened twice in a row. It is quite uncommon to have a nearly identical thing happen on two separate shipments. I'm sure out support team will get this fixed for you. I have sent you a PM to get some details so I can make sure we get closer look at what might be happening here so we can fix it for the future.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back