Broken pump on setup day

CarolineJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm brand new to saltwater tanks. After weeks/months of research and guidance from my fish dealer, I have restored a biocube 29 that was gifted to me. Today is finally the day I get setup with my live sand and live rock and I broke the return pump . It's probably a good thing because I was worried about it being older, but now I don't know what kind of pump I can replace it with so I can continue with my setup plans. They have the stock replacement ones on Amazon, but I'd have to wait a few days. Help please! TIA!
Before and after pics...

20240218_093323.jpg 20240218_093317.jpg 20240222_094257.jpg

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced the one in our 32 biocube with a Sicce 2.5. You can probably get by with something smaller, you would have to look at the specs. Much better than the stick pump IMO.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm brand new to saltwater tanks. After weeks/months of research and guidance from my fish dealer, I have restored a biocube 29 that was gifted to me. Today is finally the day I get setup with my live sand and live rock and I broke the return pump . It's probably a good thing because I was worried about it being older, but now I don't know what kind of pump I can replace it with so I can continue with my setup plans. They have the stock replacement ones on Amazon, but I'd have to wait a few days. Help please! TIA!
Before and after pics...

20240218_093323.jpg 20240218_093317.jpg 20240222_094257.jpg
When in doubt, I would just order the stock one since it fits the space and pumps the proper gallons/hour for the filtration to work properly.

And since I don't know what the dimensions or gph specs are, I cannot offer alternatives for the stock pump. If you tell us the stock pump, provide dimensions and gph as a bonus item) someone on here might be able to help you find a few different replacements that would work, maybe even better pumps that will last longer, but chances would be better if you provided the basic information.

So, that said, You did an excellent job of cleaning up the gift and it's going to be nice once you get this set up.

Is that "stand" wobbly at all? if it is you might want to get a solid one to prevent a collapse when it takes on the weight of the water.

HTH!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 129 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.3%
Back