Broken skimmer at pump outlet reefoctopus

vasilithegreek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help with suggestions to fix the outlet. It snapped off when I moved my skimmer. Thanks
20200415_150911.jpg

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can fix that easily with some Weldon 4 and an applicator. Just make sure to line it up correctly.

mcshams

Slave to my wife's reef desires
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can attempt a weld of the acrylic. Get some acrylic glue, a needle and syringe (try a 30 gauge 1/2 needle). You can use small insulin syringe/needle set up as well.

Clean with alcohol thoroughly. Do NOT use acetone at all. Then watch a video on youtube on how to weld acrylic (very simple really). Think about how you'll hold/clamp/tape the piece on one the glue is in place. Allow no less than 72 hours to cure before thinking about using it again.

It may not be as strong as the original, but the forces on that piece aren't typically severe and I truly believe you'll have it hold.

I've fixed several pieces and built several boxes (acrylic) without much fuss. Most videos on internet last 2-4 minutes, and are pretty easy to understand. Materials cost will be very cheap.

Best of luck.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back