Brown algae

  • Thread starter Thread starter clowns
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

clowns

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2023
Messages
63
Reaction score
55
Location
So cal
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm getting some brown algae..tank is 6-7 weeks old.
I have 2 clowns and emerald crab.
Have not done significant water change, just 1 gal twice, water only.
What should I do???
 
I think I'm getting some brown algae..tank is 6-7 weeks old.
I have 2 clowns and emerald crab.
Have not done significant water change, just 1 gal twice, water only.
What should I do???
You should sit back and get ready for the "ugly stage". Algae at this point is normal and the first is usually diatoms (which are brown)
 
I just cleaned a 5 year old rock

it's going through the same stage as you, just scrub off/ blow off/ wave your hand in water if necessary , just 'ugly phase' easy general maintenance will clear it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new