Brown Algae

Jamers442

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brown algae is starting in my tank, I have 2 Clowns, Royal Gramma, 3 small Damsels, small Regal Tang and a Cleaner Shrimp, 4 Softie Corals, do I need to do anything or just let it run its course? Obviously still do my weekly water changes.

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brown algae is starting in my tank, I have 2 Clowns, Royal Gramma, 3 small Damsels, small Regal Tang and a Cleaner Shrimp, 4 Softie Corals, do I need to do anything or just let it run its course? Obviously still do my weekly water changes.
This should be in the "nuisance algae (including bacteria)" section next time :)

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of lights are you using? Are they Diatoms? How old is the tank? How long are you lights on? What are your tank #s?

OP
OP
Jamers442

Jamers442

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Reef flare bar, blue lights only, yes they are Diatoms, tank is about 6 weeks old, lights are on about 7 hours a day but ramp up from 10% up to 60% at their brightest, tank is a 55gallon/240litres, I only test for Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate, they read 0, 0 and 10, cheers

OP
OP
Jamers442

Jamers442

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 16

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zias look nice . I'd personally just leave it for now , it's a new system which will go through some stages . Just make sure the source water is good and it should pass

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks mate I buy RO water from LFS each week
Personally I'd invest in your own ro/di system. Makes life so much easier mate . You have started with dry macro rock so you are going to get gha very soon . When it's starts to pop up get a few different snails trochus and astrina snails work well for me . I'd invest in adleast 10 of each .

OP
OP
Jamers442

Jamers442

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I'd invest in your own ro/di system. Makes life so much easier mate . You have started with dry macro rock so you are going to get gha very soon . When it's starts to pop up get a few different snails trochus and astrina snails work well for me . I'd invest in adleast 10 of each .
I have an RO DI mate used it once it would of took a bloody week to fill 25 litres up haha tbh its easier for me just to buy it its only £2.50 for 25 litres of RO or £5.00 for Saltwater what is gha I will get more snails thanks

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 22.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back