Brown Bugs/Specs on Glass

TeeSquared1214

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2024
Messages
280
Reaction score
161
Location
San Antonio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious what these are? They look oval shaped and smaller than a grain of rice. Look brownish and move around the glass. Have a V shaped end to the body. Mainly on the glass but probably on the overflow and elsewhere. A good amount of them. Tank has been setup with live sand and live rock from LFS for about a month. I don’t have any lights on the tank yet either.

IMG_4808.jpeg
 
Curious what these are? They look oval shaped and smaller than a grain of rice. Look brownish and move around the glass. Have a V shaped end to the body. Mainly on the glass but probably on the overflow and elsewhere. A good amount of them. Tank has been setup with live sand and live rock from LFS for about a month. I don’t have any lights on the tank yet either.

IMG_4808.jpeg
Apologies for the poor picture. Still trying to get a better one haha.
 
Convolutid flatworms, possibly ghost flatworms - sort of neutral, but it's generally recommended to remove them regardless.
I just thought the same thing as well. I forgot I had bookmarked a hitchhiker ID guide I found here. It looked really similar to the Ghost flatworm image as well. Is the best method for removing them chemical or manual?
 
I just thought the same thing as well. I forgot I had bookmarked a hitchhiker ID guide I found here. It looked really similar to the Ghost flatworm image as well. Is the best method for removing them chemical or manual?
To my knowledge, both work - manual is a slower but safer.
 
I just thought the same thing as well. I forgot I had bookmarked a hitchhiker ID guide I found here. It looked really similar to the Ghost flatworm image as well. Is the best method for removing them chemical or manual?
Are there any fish in the tank? These sometimes "bloom" in a new tank and then die back as other critters prey on them and/or outcompete them for food.
 
Are there any fish in the tank? These sometimes "bloom" in a new tank and then die back as other critters prey on them and/or outcompete them for food.
Apologies for the late response. No fish in the tank. Just added my TBS live rock on Monday, along with a GSP frag. Aside from the frag and any hitchhikers that came with the rock. I've noticed since adding the rock, they've substantially multiplied in numbers. Will be doing manual removal to a good extent this weekend.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new